Nearly 450 AXA Philippines employees recently gathered to donate their time and skills as volunteers in the company’s annual Corporate Responsibility Week, an event observed by AXA entities all over the world.
Themed “CR Week in Action,” the week-long celebration touched 2,250 lives by partnering with several non-government organizations and foundations with advocacies that focus on health, education, and the environment.
NGOs involved in CR Week in Action
Among the roster of NGOs were:
- Metrobank Foundation,
- Hands on Manila,
- Rise Against Hunger,
- Simply Share in Cebu,
- National Bookstore Foundation,
- Adarna House, Inc.,
- Manila Doctors Hospital,
- Philippine Red Cross – Rizal and Cebu Chapters,
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, and
- The University of San Carlos in Cebu City.
About Corporate Responsibility Week
“AXA’s annual Corporate Responsibility Week is part of our continuing commitment to empower communities to live better lives,” said AXA Philippines president and CEO Rahul Hora. “We thank our employees for giving their time and sharing their expertise to help our various advocacies.”
AXA Philippines volunteers packed meals for Aeta mothers and their families in Porac, Pampanga to last six months; packed food for students of Napo Elementary School in Cebu to last three months; and 150 candles and mosquito traps for the mothers of Trece Martires, Cavite.
- A blood drive was also held with Philippine Red Cross and Manila Doctors Hospital.
- A training session on first aid and financial literacy was conducted for mothers and children in Cebu.
- Volunteers are also set to run at the Philippine Red Cross run for a cause.
- Books are set to be delivered to the library of Napo Elementary School.
- Project Aral Kits from National Book Store will go to underprivileged students.
- Volunteers also made the wishes of kids with life-threatening illnesses come true.