I find that as every year closes my wishlist gets shorter and shorter, but not necessarily less expensive. Here are the things I wish to have for Christmas, whether I buy it myself, or family and friends get it for me:
- external DVD writer
- subnotebook like the Asus EEEPC 1000h or the MSI Wind
- t-shirts that fit me right
- office clothes
- bag – this is always welcome. I love bags
Thanks to one of my clients paying on time I was able to get myself an external HD as an early Christmas gift (to myself), which is why I did not include that in the list anymore. That, at least, served as a pick-me-up. I’ve been running out of HD space on the laptop and I’ve resorted to burning episodes to disc in batches just to make space. With this purchase I don’t need to worry about that anytime soon … which was the point of the purchase. I was actually deciding between Maxtor and Western Digital. WD won hands down.
Here is a list of things I DO NOT want to receive:
- lotion – I just end up giving them away as gifts since I rarely, if at all use, lotion. I have several bottles / tubes still in storage just waiting for the right person to give them to.
- make up – In case no one has noticed, I don’t wear make up. I HAVE make up (lots of it) and I know how to use it. I’m just not a fan of it. The most make up I usually wear is lip stick and powder and I already have a lot of those.
- cologne – I end up using it just to freshen my clothes in the cabinet, sort of like an air freshener. Sayang.
- Fruitcake – don’t give me fruitcake! I’ll be making fruitcake as it is for friends who have requested it. We don’t have space in the ref and I don’t really eat it.
I don’t know what Christmas will be like this year. I’m not really looking forward to it. Here’s hoping for the best as the year closes.